19 Reasons why many Honorable People Don't Want to Be Muslims
March 2016 version
Ask a Muslim: have you ever wondered why many people who want to follow the truth, believe they cannot, in good conscience, become Muslims?
This list not intended give all the support people have for every reason. This simply, in a respectful tone, to briefly describe some of the reasons, any single one of which, if true, would be sufficient to disqualify Islam. The references explain each reason.
Islam Denies Words of Previous Prophets
1. Muslims reject words of previous prophets; they claim they are corrupted. Yet Sura 5:46-48 says Jesus confirmed the law and the gospel. The Dead Sea Scrolls have the Old Testament from the Jesus' time. www.MuslimHope.com/DeadSeaScrolls.html
If Allah were not powerful to preserve the law of Moses and the gospel of Jesus, Allah would not be powerful enough to preserve the message of the Qur'an. If Allah could preserve the message of the Qur'an, He could preserve His Word before then too. www.MuslimHope.com/WhatEarlyChristiansTaughtSummaryGrid.html
2. Islam rejects prophets teaching that God is a Father. This is affirmed by Jews, Christians, and frequently in the Old and New Testaments. www.MuslimHope.com/FatherhoodOfGod.html
While God is not a Father in a sexual sense, He is both an adopted Father to believers, and He specially begot Jesus before time began. God is clearly a Father in the copies of scripture we have at the time of Jesus. www.MuslimHope.com/DeadSeaScrolls.html
3. Jesus taught that He is the Son of God and accepted Worship as God. The Qur'an rejects this.
www.MuslimHope.com/JesusIsGod.html. Even early pagan writers acknowledge this is what was taught.
4. Allah deceives - even all the followers of Christ. Yet the Bible says God does not lie (Num 23:19; 1 Sam 15:24) In the Qur'an Allah is the greatest of schemers, fooling all His early followers into thinking Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead. www.MuslimHope.com/DeceptionInIslam.html
Some Errors in the Qur'an
5. Zul Qarnain: the sun does not set in a muddy spring www.MuslimHope.com/ZulQarnain.html
Muslim historians show that this idea in Sura 18:85-86, that the sun really goes down into a muddy spring at night, was literally believed, and misled Muslims until recently.
6. There was no mosque in Jerusalem in Mohammed's alleged Night Journey (Sura 17:1) www.MuslimHope.com/NightJourney.html
The site in Jerusalem of the destroyed Jewish temple, and the future al-Aqsa mosque, was a garbage dump in Mohammed's time, as documented by Muslims. Mohammed claimed to visit a building that did not exist. Non-Muslims would question why Palestinians felt the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade needed to exist.
Changes in the Qur'an
7. Major rewrite: Daughters of Allah in Sura 53 www.MuslimHope.com/DaughtersOfAllah.html
Four early and seven later Muslim biographers document that Sura 53 originally said, "Have ye seen [the pagan goddesses] Lat, and 'Uzza, And another, the third, Manat? These are the exalted cranes (intermediaries) Whose intercession is to be hoped for." The hadiths and Qur'an also admit that when Revelations came, Satan also sent counterfeit "whisperings"
8. Variants: Mohammed's secretaries, 'Ubai bin Ka'b and others had fewer or more suras. It is a falsehood when some Muslims say the Qur'an has no variants. www.MuslimHope.com/QuranVariants.html
While some Qur'anic verses were left in but abrogated (i.e. not to be followed after a brief time), the hadiths and Muslim historians document verses and even suras silently removed. The newly discovered early San'a/Yemeni Qur'an also showed many variants.
Violence of Mohammed and Early Muslims
9. Mohammed ordered torture at least twice
Kinanah bin al-Rabi' was slowly burned because he did not want to tell where his treasure was. The other case was on a tribe that killed people Mohammed sent to tell them to drink camel urine for their ailments.
10. Mohammed ordered assassinations www.MuslimHope.com/Assassinations.html
10a. Ka'b bin Ashraf maligned Allah and his messenger [i.e. Mohammed]. Ka'b bin Ashraf trusted the assassin, but Mohammed specifically allowed the assassin to say anything and betray him.
10b. Abu Rafi (probably for military reasons)
10c. Attempted of Abu Sufyan (Meccan general)
10d. al-Aswad (He claimed he was a prophet too, so Mohammed used violence to silence him.)
10e. Khalid bin Sufyan (Mohammed heard he was gathering a force)
10f. Yusar bin Rizam (Muslims killed him when they sensed he had second thoughts about becoming a Muslim, but Mohammed did not order this.)
11. Mohammed spread Islam by the sword: Mohammed ordered surprise attacks on unsuspecting people. If Islam means "peace", why in a ten-year period were there about 82 battles? www.MuslimHope.com/WarInIslam.html
Islamic View of Women and Marriage
12. Women your right hands possess. Besides up to four wives, a Muslim man can have unlimited slave girls and captives for sex, even if they are unwilling. www.MuslimHope.com/WomenInIslam.html
13. Women are less than men: not pray during their time of month, less intelligent, more in Hell. www.MuslimHope.com/WomenInIslam.html
Muslim scholar al-Ghazali (1058-1111 A.D.) listed 18 ways women are inferior to men. They include:
A woman's court testimony counts as half a man's
Men have multiple wives; women only one husband
Woman cannot divorce so easily like men
A woman must keep her head covered
The wife must stay secluded at home
Women cannot leave the house except with a near relative
A woman cannot be a ruler or judge
14. Mustahil and Mu'tah - they sound disgusting
After an irrevocable divorce, a woman must consummate a marriage with someone else before she can remarry the man. A mustahil is a man paid to perform this service. Mu'tah is temporary marriage, so that a man can marry a woman for a few hours, or longer, but it is not called prostitution. Sunnis say Mohammed permitted this for a period of time only, but Shi'ites say it is valid today, and this is practiced in Iran and other places.
15. Why did Mohammed consummate his marriage with a 8 to 9 year old girl? www.MuslimHope.com/AishaNine.html
This has caused untold grief and physical problems of perforated uteruses for young Muslim girls in Africa and elsewhere.
The Unusual Character of Mohammed
16. Why did he need so many wives? www.MuslimHope.com/WhyDidMohammedGetSoManyWives.html
His adopted son was commanded to divorce his wife Zainab bint Jahsh so that Mohammed could marry her. Other wives, Safiya and Juwairiyya bint Harith, were widows because Mohammed had their husbands killed right before. Some women declined Mohammed's marriage proposals, and Muslim historians also document that Mohammed had some divorces too. Mohammed had concubines too.
17. Bewitched: How could a true prophet of God be under an evil spell? www.MuslimHope.com/Bewitched.html
This is documented in at least 11 places in the hadiths, which define the (Sharia) Law of Sunni Islam.
18. Odd Superstitions: The hadiths record that Mohammed taught the evil eye is a fact, after the call of nature must use an odd number of stones, clean your nose an odd number of times, recite prayers an odd number of times, apply collyridium or eyes an odd number of times. Put on your right sandal first and take off your left sandal first. Eat with your right hand because Satan eats with his left. www.MuslimHope.com/IslamAndScience.html
19. Torment of the grave was something that terrified Mohammed himself. This does not mean time in Hell, but in the actually grave site itself. Mohammed was fearful of this for others, his Muslim followers, and specifically for himself. www.MuslimHope.com/TormentOfTheGrave.html
For more information see www.MuslimHope.com
Christian Debater™ P.O. Box 144441 Austin, TX 78714